Join Underwater Connection to a brand new diving destination in Cuba! Explore the pristine reefs of Maria La Gorda and get to know the amazing Cuban culture.
may 26 - June 2nd, 2018
Spend 4 nights conducting marine research from your jungle bungalow in the remote retreat of Maria la Gorda and 3 nights in vibrant Havana.
Drive through lush patches of tobacco plants past Jurassic outcroppings. You’re on the way through Pinar del Rio on your way to pristine ecology in Maria la Gorda where international photographers and marine biologists unite. A deep blue abyss descends below a vertical wall of coral, with protruding sponges, timid lobsters and schools of juvenile parrot fish are streaming by.
You’re not in Cozumel. You’re not in the Caymans. You’re not in the Red Sea. You’re in Maria la Gorda, Cuba!
You're making history as your research observations and discoveries contribute to the next published guide book.
- $3495 per diver d/o
- $3395 non diver d/o
- Flights (TBD)
- 4 nights in Maria La Gorda's Remote Jungle Bungalow
- 3 nights in Havana Historic Mansion (private bed & breakfast)
- 8 boat dives (2 dives per day)
- Unlimited snorkeling
- All meals
- Farewell party (includes lobster dinner and 1 alcoholic drink)
- Traditional Cabaret Show at the iconic Hotel Nacional
- Visit to Historic Cigar factory
- Visit to Fusterlandia Art Museum
- 1950's Antique american car ride
- Visit to Fabrique Art Exhibit show & live music
- Walking tour of Vedado & John Lennon park
- Panoramic Open Air tour of Havana & Miramar
- Roudtrip airport transfers
- Private Van & Driver in Havana for the group
- Cuban Health Insurance
- Customized letter of Authorization
- $200 Research Rebate
- Cuban visa ($90)
- Scuba equipment rental
- Afternoon and night dives not included but available
- Nitrox not available
- Deposit: $500 - Due at sign up
- 2nd Payment: $1500 - Due Oct. 15th 2017
- 3rd Payment: $1500 - Due Jan. 15th 2018
- Final Payment: TBD - Due Jun. 15th 2018
*Final Payment amount is dependent on what rooming arrangement you signed up for.
No Refunds after 91 days prior to departure
If you must cancel, all attempts will be made to refund as much of your deposit as possible.
If you do not sign up with a roommate, UWC will try to find you one; if we cannot find one, the single person will need to pay the Single Supplement price. Changes to package and cancellation penalties do exist.
Travel and D.A.N. Insurance is always recommended
Passport is Required
CONTACT US today to reserve your spot or find out more information!