Assistant SCUBA Instructor - Class and materials in Colorado Springs
Underwater Connection teaches a PADI Assistant Instructor course in Colorado Springs; the program consists of knowledge development, confined water development, and open water development.
Assistant Instructor Course
Looking to move on in your education and be able to offer more to your Dive Center? As an Assistant Instructor you are able to independently conduct certain specialty courses as well as teach parts of the core courses under the supervision of a PADI Instructor.
The Program consists of three sections:
- Knowledge Development
- Confined Water Development
- Open Water Development
During the Knowledge Development portion of the Assistant Instructor course you will learn how to teach in the classroom, confined water, and open water. It also develops your abilities as an instructional assistant. Once you complete the course you will be able to teach specialty courses like the Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty and the Equipment Specialty.
Confined Water Development:
During the confined water development portion of the Assistant Instructor Course you learn how to set up a confined water teaching presentation. You also learn how to evaluate student diver skills. You also learn how to spot potential problems and correct those problems that students encounter. You will also perform the 20 skills that are done in a Skill Circuit.
Open Water Development:
During the Open Water development portion of the Assistant Instructor Course you learn the transition from the confined water setting to the open water setting. You learn the differences between teaching skills and evaluating skills. This is one of the most exciting parts of teaching scuba.
Assistant Instructor Course: $525.00
- Course Fees Include:
- All academic sessions
- All watermanship sessions
- All Open Water Dives
- Tanks & weights for all sessions
Course Fees Do Not Include:
- Transportation to the open water sites
- Hotel Lodging at the open water sites (if necessary)
- Equipment for internships
- Park fees
- Student Materials
- PADI Application Fee
Student Materials: $985.55
- Guide to Teaching (with hologram)
- Best of the Undersea Journal
- Children & Scuba
- Business of Diving - on CD
- Law and the Diving Professional book
- Confined Water Lesson Planning Slates
- Open Water Lesson Planning Slates
- Confined Water Instructor Cue Cards
- Open Water Instructor Cue Cards
- Adventures in Diving Instructor Cue Cards
- Rescue Diver Cue Cards
- Open Water Quiz and Exam booklet
- Rescue Diver Exam booklet
- Divemaster Exam booklet
- Applications and Forms
- Positive Approach Selling DVD
- Specialty Instructor Manual (Digital Version)
- IDC e-Learning
To enroll in an Assistant Instructor course, an individual must:
Be certified as a PADI Divemaster or hold a leadership level certification with another recreational diver training organization.
Be at least 18 years old. Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement for a diving medical examination conducted within the past 12 months. A licensed physician must sign the form and state that the candidate is fit for diving. The physician signing the form may not be the applicant. Have been a certified diver for at least six months and have completed and logged at least 60 open water scuba dives (as documented in the individual’s log book) and have documentation of experience in deep, night, and navigation diving. Submit proof of CPR and first aid training within the last 24 months. Submit documentation of any equivalent certification for entry level, advanced, rescue, and leadership-level issued by another recreational diver training organization. (PADI Members who have these records on file at PADI do not need to resubmit.) If not a PADI Divemaster, successfully complete the PADI Divemaster course diver rescue skills assessment.
- May 10th, 13th, 14th, 17th & OW session 21st.
- Aug 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th & OW session Sept 11th.
- Dec 13th, 15th, 16th, 17th & OW session Jan 12th - 2018.
PLEASE CONTACT US TO SCHEDULE COURSE or get more info!