Underwater Connection offers the Altitude Diving specialty course. The academics take place at our facility in Colorado Springs. The course does not require any diving, although it is recommended by UWC that you take the opportunity for practice!
Course Fee: $85
Learn how to safely dive at altitudes between 1,000 and 10,000 ft.
Have you ever realized the change in pressure your body goes through when you go to a higher altitude? Or, have you noticed that your depth gauge reads differently at higher altitudes?
The Altitude specialty course will train you in the special techniques and planning considerations for diving at altitude. This will allow you to dive more safely and enjoy diving in the Rocky Mountains and
What you will learn:
- Altitude dive planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards.
- Dive tables procedures for diving at altitude.
- How to set your dive computer to account for altitude.
- Safety stops and emergency decompression procedures at altitude.
- Must be a certified Open Water Diver or higher.
- Minimum age: 10 years old.
- Altitude Diving Digital Kit ($36).*
- Altitude diving slate or dive computer.
*If you are signing up for more than one specialty, get great discounts by getting your student materials in bundles!
Number of dives: 0 or 2.
No Open Water Training is required for this specialty. You can opt to do it solely for the knowledge in classroom, but you are also welcome to join one of our certification weekends to practice the skills you learned! If you opt to dive, 2 open water dives are required.
Contact us if you have any questions!