Underwater Connection offers the PADI Altitude Diver specialty course. The academics take place at our facility in Colorado Springs. The course requires two open water altitude dives and the manual.
Course Fee: $85
Any time you’re diving at 1000 to 10,000 feet above sea level, you're altitude diving. All diving in
Colorado fits this category. The PADI Altitude Diver Specialty course familiarizes you with the rules and procedures necessary for altitude diving, including how to use the Recreational Dive Planner at altitude.
What you will learn:
- Altitude dive planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards.
- Recreational Dive Planner procedures for diving at altitude.
- Safety stops and emergency decompression procedures at altitude.
- Must be a PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver
- Minimum age: 10 years old
- PADI Adventures in diving crew pack: $59.95 Altitude diving slate
Number of dives: Two open water training dives