Underwater Connection offers Coral Identification specialty course. The academics take place at our facility in Colorado Springs. The course does not require any diving, although it is recommended by UWC that you take the opportunity for practice!
Course Fee: $60.00
Coral reefs are the building blocks of many ocean ecosystems. This program teaches you the skills and concepts required to recognize and identify common families of coral species.
What you will learn:
- How coral reefs function and the complex nature of life on a reef.
- Why coral reefs are so important.
- Why many coral reefs are in serious trouble.
- What you can do to prevent further decline.
- No diving certifications are required, but if you opt to do 2 open water dives to apply the knowledge learned in class, you must be a certified Open Water Diver or higher.
- Minimum age: 10 years old.
- Coral Identification Digital Kit ($54).*
*If you are signing up for more than one specialty, get great discounts by getting your student materials in bundles!
Number of dives: 0 or 2.
No Open Water Training is required for this specialty. You can opt to do it solely for the knowledge in classroom, but you are also welcome to join one of our certification weekends to practice the skills you learned! If you opt to dive, 2 open water dives are required.
Contact us if you have any questions!