Dive Propulsion Vehicle (DPV) - SCUBA diving specialty at UWC in Colorado Springs
Underwater Connection offers the PADI Dive Propulsion Vehicle Diver specialty course. The academics take place at our facility in Colorado Springs. The course requires two open water dives and the manual.
Diver Propulsion Vehicle
Course Fee: $140.00
Learn how to control and maneuver a DPV properly, as well as how to have fun! DPV’s offer a thrilling way to see a lot of underwater territory in a brief amount of time since they scoot you through the water without kicking. These things are a blast to ride!
What you will learn:
- The planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems, and hazards of diving with an underwater propulsion vehicle.
- Equipment considerations including but not limited to battery care, maintenance and precautions.
- Proper procedures for: determining a turnaround point, vehicle failure, runaway motor, descents and ascents and avoiding propeller entanglements.
- Techniques to avoid harming fragile aquatic life.
- Techniques for entering and exiting the water with a DPV.
- Must be a PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver
- Minimum age: 12 years old
- PADI Diver Propulsion Vehicle Manual $34.00
Number of dives: Two open water training dives