DPV / Scooter
Underwater Connection offers a DPV / Scooter specialty course. The academics take place at our facility in Colorado Springs. The course requires two open water dives and student materials.
Diver Propulsion Vehicle
Course Fee: $140.00
Learn how to control and maneuver a DPV properly, as well as how to have fun! DPV’s offer a thrilling way to see a lot of underwater territory in a brief amount of time since they scoot you through the water without kicking. These things are a blast to ride!
What you will learn:
- The planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems, and hazards of diving with an underwater propulsion vehicle.
- Equipment considerations including but not limited to battery care, maintenance and precautions.
- Proper procedures for: determining a turnaround point, vehicle failure, runaway motor, descents and ascents and avoiding propeller entanglements.
- Techniques to avoid harming fragile aquatic life.
- Techniques for entering and exiting the water with a DPV.
- Must be a certified Open Water Diver or higher.
- Minimum age: 12 years old.
- DPV/Scooter Digital Kit ($36).*
- DPV Rental included in course fees. Any other rental equipment, not included.
*If you are signing up for more than one specialty, get great discounts by getting your student materials in bundles.
Number of dives: 2
Contact us if you have any questions!
ARE YOU READY TO SIGN UP? CLICK HERE.