Drift Diver - SCUBA specialty, Colorado Springs
Underwater Connection offers the PADI Drift Diver specialty course. The academics take place at our facility in Colorado Springs. The course requires two open water altitude dives and the manual.
WAVES, TIDES & CURRENTS
(a.k.a. drift diving)
Course Fee: $75.00
Are you going to Cozumel, Mexico? Did you know that the majority of diving done in Cozumel is drift diving?
Water motion can have a tremendous effect on your diving experience This program gives you the skills and knowledge required to conduct dives from shore, in currents, and in different types of waves.
What you will learn:
- The planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of drift diving.
- Special equipment -- floats, lines, reels.
- Proper procedures for buoyancy-control, navigation and communication.
- Site selection and overview of aquatic currents – causes and effects.
- Techniques for staying close to a buddy or together as a group.
- Must be a certified Open Water Diver or higher.
- Minimum age: 15 years old.
- Waves, Tides & Currents Digital Kit ($54).*
- Surface Marker Buoy
- Reel or finger spool
*If you are signing up for more than one specialty, get great discounts by getting your student materials in bundles!
Recommended Materials / skills:
- Reef hook
- Signal mirror
Number of dives: 2
Contact us if you have any questions!