Drift Diver - SCUBA specialty, Colorado Springs
Underwater Connection offers the PADI Drift Diver specialty course. The academics take place at our facility in Colorado Springs. The course requires two open water altitude dives and the manual.
Course Fee: $75.00
Are you thinking about going to Cozumel, Mexico or another drift dive location?
Did you know that the majority of diving in Cozumel is drift diving?
This course is can enable you to dive comfortably in a current. It will show you the benefits of drift diving and the proper techniques for drift diving safely.
What you will learn:
- The planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of drift diving.
- Special equipment -- floats, lines, reels.
- Proper procedures for buoyancy-control, navigation and communication.
- Site selection and overview of aquatic currents – causes and effects.
- Techniques for staying close to a buddy or together as a group.
- Must be a PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver
- Minimum age: 12 years old
- PADI Drift Diver Manual $34.00
Number of dives: Two open water training dives