Underwater Connection offers Fish Identification specialty course. The academics take place at our facility in Colorado Springs. The course does not require any diving, although it is recommended by UWC that you take the opportunity for practice!
Course Fee: $85
The ocean is filled with fascinating and beautiful fish of every shape and size. This non-diving specialty program teaches you the skills and concepts required to identify the common families of Caribbean, Indo-Pacific, and Red Sea reef fish.
What you will learn:
- Characteristics of fish families and species.
- Fish survey techniques and strategies.
- Fish ID dive planning, organization and procedures.
- No diving certifications are required, but if you opt to do 2 open water dives to apply the knowledge learned in class, you must be a certified Open Water Diver or higher.
- Minimum age: 10 years old.
- Fish Identification Digital Kit ($54).*
*If you are signing up for more than one specialty, get great discounts by getting your student materials in bundles!
Number of dives: 0. No Open Water Training is required for this specialty.
If you would like to practice the skills you learned in Open Water with an instructor, we can arrange that! The cost is $50 per open water dive.
Contact us if you have any questions!