Ice Diver - SCUBA specialty at UWC in Colorado Springs
Underwater Connection offers the PADI Ice Diver specialty course. The academics take place at our facility in Colorado Springs. The course requires three open water dives.
Course Fee: $235.00
Ice diving opens a new and different view of familiar dive sites. During the PADI Ice Diver course, you will dive with a PADI Professional in one of the most extreme adventure specialties recreational diving offers. If you like fun, people, and a challenge, you’ll love the PADI Ice Diver Specialty course.
What you will learn:
- Learn to plan and organize ice dives.
- Practice the procedures and techniques for handling the problems and hazards of ice diving.
- Site selection, preparation, and hole-cutting procedures.
- Use specialized ice diving equipment, safety lines, signals, communications, as well as line tending and line-securing techniques.
- Learn about the effects of cold, emergency procedures, and safety-diver procedures.
- Explore the unique aquascape found only under ice.
- Must be a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver
- Minimum age: 18 years old
- Dry Suit certification beforehand is highly recommended, but not required.
- None - You will receive a handout during class.
Number of dives: Three open water training dives conducted over two days*
* This is a PADI Training Standard
Class and Pool Session: January 18th at 6PM
Open Water Training Dives: January 20th & 21st (location is TBD)