Ice Diver - SCUBA specialty at UWC in Colorado Springs
Underwater Connection offers Ice Diving training course. The academics take place at our facility in Colorado Springs. The course requires two open water dives. Scheduled usually for January, when ice conditions are best.
Course Fee: $235.00
Learn how to safely explore the underwater world when it’s covered with ice!
Learn the proper techniques and special equipment used for diving in a lake that is frozen over.
Learn how to prepare, plan and be safe while diving where few have been!
What you will learn:
- Learn to plan and organize ice dives.
- Practice the procedures and techniques for handling the problems and hazards of ice diving.
- Site selection, preparation, and hole-cutting procedures.
- Use specialized ice diving equipment, safety lines, signals, communications, as well as line tending and line-securing techniques.
- Learn about the effects of cold, emergency procedures, and safety-diver procedures.
- Explore the unique aquascape found only under ice.
- Must be a certified Open Water Diver or higher.
- Minimum age: 18 years old.
- Proof of 24 logged dives.
- Dry Suit training.
- Ice Diving Digital Kit ($36).*
*If you are signing up for more than one specialty, get great discounts by getting your student materials in bundles!
Recommended Materials / skills:
- Dry suit.
Number of dives: 2
Contact us if you have any questions!
ARE YOU READY TO SIGN UP? CLICK HERE.