Underwater Connection offers an Independent Diving course. The academics take place at our facility in Colorado Springs.
Course Fee: $235
The Independent diver course provides the skills and concepts required to safely and comfortably dive without a designated dive buddy, or with an inexperienced buddy. You will learn about self-reliance, proper equipment maintenance, and the special considerations and rescue techniques required to dive independently.
What you will learn:
- Skills for self-reliance and independence
- Potential risks of diving alone
- The value of equipment redundancy
- Necessary back-up gear
- Must be a certified Advanced Adventurer or higher.
- The following specialties:
- Proof of 75 logged dives with at least 50 hours of bottom time in total.
- Minimum age: 18 years old.
- Independent Diving Digital Kit ($36).*
*If you are signing up for more than one specialty, get great discounts by getting your student materials in bundles!
Recommended Materials / skills:
- Surface Marker Buoy
- Reel or finger spool
- Spare mask
- Nitrox training
Number of dives: 3
Contact us if you have any questions!
ARE YOU READY TO SIGN UP? CLICK HERE.