Peak Performance Buoyancy - SCUBA specialty at UWC in Colorado Springs
Underwater Connection offers the PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Diver specialty course. The academics take place at our facility in Colorado Springs. The course requires two open water dives and the Adventures in Diving Crew Pack.
Peak Performance Buoyancy
Course Fee: $85
Buoyancy skills separate the good divers from the great divers. In the Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty course, you will learn to how to precisely weight yourself for optimum control, poise and balance. You’ll also learn to ascend and descend effortlessly, master streamlining, and move through the water cleanly, efficiently and gracefully.
What you will learn:
- Peak Performance Buoyancy fundamentals: Buoyancy check, Fine-tuning buoyancy underwater, Weight position and distribution, Streamlining, Visualization.
- Use of PADI’s “Basic Weighting Guidelines.”
- An opportunity to polish buoyancy control beyond the Open Water Diver level: Positioning and distributing weight for comfort and desired body position (trim in the water), Visualization techniques prior to dives, Buoyancy checks, Establishing neutral buoyancy during all segments of a dive, Fine-tuning neutral buoyancy underwater, Hovering.
- Must be a PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver
- Minimum age: 10 years old
- PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Manual $34.00
Number of dives: Two open water training dives