Search and Recovery - SCUBA diving specialty at UWC in Colorado Springs
Underwater Connection offers the PADI Search and Recovery Diver specialty course. The academics take place at our facility in Colorado Springs. The course requires four open water dives, a Nav-Finder slate, and the manual.
Search and Recovery
Course Fee: $175.00
The PADI Search and Recovery Diver course gives you the skills you need to find what’s been lost, and how to get it to the surface. Not only do these skills make you more capable and confident in the water, but most Search and Recovery Divers eventually end up searching for and recovering something they or someone they know has lost.
What you will learn:
- The planning, organization, and procedures of search and recovery diving.
- The problems, hazards, and techniques used in limited visibility diving and underwater navigation.
- Proper techniques and safety considerations for object location, including the use of various search patterns, lines, and reels.
- Proper techniques and safety considerations for recovery of objects using various lifting devices.
- Must be a PADI (Junior) Advanced Open Water Diver
- PADI Search and Recovery Manual $34.00
- Nav-Finder Slate
Number of dives: Four open water training dives over two days*
*This is a PADI training standard