Sidemount Diver - SCUBA specialty at UWC in Colorado Springs
Underwater Connection offers the Sidemount training. The academics take place at our facility in Colorado Springs.
Course Fee: $235
Sidemount diving is no longer only for technical divers! The ease of movement without a heavy tank on your back and a new feeling of buoyancy and freedom are enticing advantages of the diving style that can benefit
recreational divers as well. Diving with 2 tanks also increases the amount of air at your disposal, making
it easy to make the best of your bottom time without worrying about running out of gas!
What you will learn:
- Properly assemble and configure sidemount scuba diving equipment.
- Trim your weight system and sidemount gear so you're perfectly balanced in the water.
- Manage gas by switching second stages as planned, if wearing two cylinders.
- Respond correctly to potential problems while sidemount diving.
- Must be a certified Open Water Diver or higher.
- Minimum age: 18 years old.
- 24 logged dives.
- Sidemount Diving Digital Kit ($72).*
*If you are signing up for more than one specialty, get great discounts by getting your student materials in bundles!
Recommended Materials / skills:
- Sidemount rigging.
- Sidemount BCD.
Number of dives: 2
Contact us if you have any questions!