Underwater Naturalist - SCUBA specialty, UWC in Colorado Springs
Underwater Connection offers the PADI Underwater Naturalist Diver specialty course. The academics take place at our facility in Colorado Springs. The course requires two open water dives and the Adventures in Diving Crew Pack.
Course Fee: $75.00
How many times have you gone on a dive and saw coral you didn't recognize? The Underwater Naturalist course will help you learn how to identify coral and other aquatic life underwater. It will make your dives more enjoyable and enable you to talk about what you see.
What you will learn:
- The planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of diving in different aquatic environments.
- A basic overview of major aquatic life groupings (kingdoms and phyla).
- Factual information that dispels myths of potentially dangerous aquatic life.
- An overview of basic aquatic life interactions and associations.
- Responsible human interactions with aquatic life.
- Diving techniques used to help preserve bottom dwelling aquatic life and minimize aquatic life disturbance.
- Must be a PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver
- Minimum age: 10 years old
- PADI Adventures in diving crew pack: $59.95
- Diving slate
Number of dives: Two open water training dives