Underwater Navigation - SCUBA diving specialty at UWC in Colorado Springs
Underwater Connection offers the PADI Underwater Navigation Diver specialty course. The academics take place at our facility in Colorado Springs. The course requires three open water dives, a Nav-Finder slate, and the manual.
Course Fee: $150
Be the diver everyone wants to follow, and make your sense of direction legendary with the PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty course. When everyone’s buzzing about a reef or checking out a wreck, they’re having a great time – until it’s time to go. Then they turn to you, because as a PADI Underwater Navigator, you know the way back to the boat.
What you will learn:
- The benefits of mastering underwater navigation, techniques for estimating distance underwater, and the use of natural navigation references and techniques.
- Common patterns for underwater navigation, compass use, techniques to avoiding errors when using a compass, the use of permanent shore landmarks to relocate underwater sites, and the use of compass bearings to fix and locate underwater sites.
- Additional navigational tools and instruments and techniques to use them effectively while navigating multi-heading courses underwater.
- Must be a PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver
- Must be at least 10 years old
- PADI Underwater Navigation Manual $34.00
- Nav-Finder Slate
Number of dives: Three open water training dives over two days*
*This a PADI training standard