Wreck Diver - SCUBA specialty at UWC in Colorado Springs
Underwater Connection offers the PADI Wreck Diver specialty course. The academics take place at our facility in Colorado Springs. The course requires four open water dives, the manual, and any necessary support equipment.
Course Fee: $175.00
Whether sunk intentionally or tragically, there is a world of filled with ships, planes and automobiles calling for divers to explore them. Through the PADI Wreck Diver Specialty course, you get the skills, knowledge and procedures you need to answer that call.
What you will learn:
- Reasons why people wreck dive, the origin of shipwreck laws, important information about artifact removal and the implementation of laws that govern artifacts of historical interest.
- Common problems and hazards of wreck diving and the planning, organization, procedures, and techniques for fun and safe wreck diving.
- Researching the ship’s past and mapping shipwrecks for planning future wreck dives and wreck penetration.
- Wreck penetration equipment, limits, limited-visibility diving techniques and wreck penetration emergency procedures.
- Must be a PADI (Junior) Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent
- Minimum age: 15 years old
- PADI Wreck Diver Manual $34.00
- Access to support equipment as necessary, including but not limited to: dive light, Nav-Finder™ or slate, and line and reel.
Number of dives: Four open water training dives over two days*
* This is a PADI training standard.