Wreck Diver - SCUBA specialty at UWC in Colorado Springs
Underwater Connection offers the PADI Wreck Diver specialty course. The academics take place at our facility in Colorado Springs. The course requires four open water dives, the manual, and any necessary support equipment.
Course Fee: $175.00
Many of the ocean's best dive sites have artificial reefs, or wrecks that have sunk through the ages. The Wreck Specialty gives you the skills and knowledge required to safely scuba dive above and around these underwater treasures.
What you will learn:
- Reasons why people wreck dive, the origin of shipwreck laws, important information about artifact removal and the implementation of laws that govern artifacts of historical interest.
- Common problems and hazards of wreck diving and the planning, organization, procedures, and techniques for fun and safe wreck diving.
- Researching the ship’s past and mapping shipwrecks for planning future wreck dives and wreck penetration.
- Wreck penetration equipment, limits, limited-visibility diving techniques and wreck penetration emergency procedures.
- Must be a certified Open Water Diver or higher.
- Minimum age: 10 years old.
- Wreck Diving Digital Kit ($54).*
*If you are signing up for more than one specialty, get great discounts by getting your student materials in bundles!
Wreckommended Materials / skills:
Number of dives: 2
Contact us if you have any questions!
ARE YOU READY TO SIGN UP? CLICK HERE.