USAFA Cadet Program - Colorado Springs SCUBA
Underwater Connection is proud to partner with USAFA in Colorado Springs to provide cadets with the option to become Scuba Certified.
USAFA Scuba Program
Underwater Connection, the USAFA Athletic Scuba Program and PADI have constructed a program that will allow AFA cadets to complete Open Water training and become certified divers.
To get started, call or stop by Underwater Connection to schedule your Class, Pool and Open Water dates.
When you show up for your scheduled class & pool sessions you will need the following:
- Signed authorization letter provided to you by your Instructor at the USAFA.
- Completed copies of all 5 knowledge reviews from your PADI Open Water manual.
- PADI RDP planner (Table Version or eRDPml).
- A bathing suit and towel.
- Physicians release if you have to mark YES to any questions on the PADI medical statement (See Coach for PADI Medical Statement).
On your scheduled Class & Pool date, you will complete the final requirements for Academic and pools, be sized for equipment that you will be using in the open water dives and be briefed on the schedule for your open water weekend.
The cost of this program is $220.00 which includes:
- 6 hour class & pool sessions (mandatory).
- 4 open water training dives.
- Use of all equipment including Rental's during your Open Water Training Dives.
- PADI’s certification fees.
- Hotel Lodging
- Transportation to the Open Water site
- Meals while at Open Water site
- Santa Rosa Park fees ($20) to dive for the weekend
We can also offer the class and pool session along with the necessary referral paperwork to get your open waters done elsewhere in order to certify. The cost of this program is $100.00. You must attend the "Cadet Open Water Class and Pool" in order to satisfy your referral requirement through PADI.
You may also set up other dates if you can get a group of 10 or more people together to do it. Call for scheduling options. We strongly recommend completing your Open Water course shortly after the USAFA scuba program. Space is limited. If you have any questions please CONTACT US.
Fall 2016 Upcoming Class Dates:
Class and Pool
- Sunday, September 25th 8AM - 2PM, 2016
- Friday, October 7th 4PM - 10PM
- Sunday, October 23rd 8AM - 2PM
- Sunday, November 6th 10AM - 4PM
- Sunday, November 13th 10AM - 4PM
- Friday, December 2nd 4PM - 10PM
- Friday, January 13th 4PM - 10PM, 2017
- Friday, January 20th 4PM - 10PM
Open Water Training Dives
- Blue Hole, Santa Rosa NM
- September 24th - 25th, 2016
- Aurora Reservoir, Aurora CO
- October 8th - 9th
- October 15th - 16th
- Blue Hole, Santa Rosa NM
- October 22nd - 23rd
- November 19th - 20th
- December 17th - 18th
- January 21st - 22nd 2017
Please CONTACT US to sign up for your class dates!